Summary of Administrative Assistant
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of administrative duties related to human resources, facilities, and support to the Chief Operating Officer. Skills utilized regularly include organizing, coordinating, database management, scheduling, proficiency with Microsoft Office, incorporating new systems, and ability to manage
highly confidential information. This position will assist in ensuring effective communication between staff, volunteers, participants, and visitors.
Chief Operating Officer
• Answers telephone in a professional manner and provides information/assistance or
routes caller to appropriate staff member. Takes messages as needed.
• Greets visitors and volunteers in a professional manner and directs them to the
appropriate individual or location.
• Maintains the appearance of the general office areas on a daily basis.
• Works collaboratively and communicates appropriately with other staff members.
• Monitors and orders office supplies and supplies for office equipment as requested
and assure receipt and proper distribution.
• Opens, date stamps, sorts, and distributes mail. Assists with bulk and special
• Types, completes data entry, prepares reports, updates computer files, and proofreads
documents. Formulates and maintains multiple databases for the agency.
• Composes and types routine correspondence and memoranda. Processes documents
(i.e. correspondence, memos, and minutes). Composes correspondence as directed.
Records deposits and completes light bookkeeping tasks.
• Compiles monthly statistics and maintains demographic information on participants
served. Oversees data collection and timely reporting of demographics, and statistics.
• Maintains current forms and ensures the availability of such forms.
• Makes copies, collates and staples materials as requested in a timely manner.
• Operates and oversees the maintenance of office machines including computer, fax,
copier, and communications equipment. Trains staff on the use of office and
• Provides oversight and administration of computer network and agency website.
• Assists with screening references for employee and volunteer applicants.
• Assist with maintaining employee and volunteer personnel files. Completes change of
addresses as needed and filing.
• Assist in scheduling of maintenance at both agency locations.
Family Nurturing Center®
5 Spiral Drive
Florence, KY 41042
• Support Cheif Operating Officer with IT (troubleshooting), Facility Management, as
well as other administrative duties.
• Assists in scheduling interviews with possible candidates with identified
• Works with HR/Operations Assistant in setting up new employees/volunteers with
email addresses, adding to distribution lists and helping to set up their work stations.
Also assists with this when employees/volunteers leave service or employment with
• Responds respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, race, ethnic
backgrounds, and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms, and values the worth
of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of
• Adheres to ethical standards of professionalism including maintaining confidentiality
of each participant/family.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Job Requirements: Minimum of High school diploma or GED certificate, Bachelors degree
All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and
philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive
information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and the ability to work effectively
with diverse groups of people.
Experience: Minimum three years experience in performing receptionist/administrative
duties in an office setting. Prefer someone with expertise in Office
Products, specifically Word, Excel and Access. Experience and/or
training in trauma informed care and motivational interviewing skills are
Skills: Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone
communications, office systems and record keeping. Knowledge of
modern business communication, including style and format of letters,
memoranda, minutes, and reports. Ability to use a personal computer and
various software packages. Proficiency with Office 2000 and Microsoft
Office. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and
accurately. Ability to coordinate and perform number of different tasks
related to various programs. Ability to maintain accurate records,
including financial and statistical records. Ability to communicate
effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of correct English
usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Must be detail
oriented and demonstrate initiative and problems solving skills.
Supervise volunteers as needed.
Equipment to Be Used:
Must be capable of operating office machines and software; such as computer, calculator,
copiers, shredder and communication equipment. Must be able to set up a
desktop/laptop computer for new users.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.