Child Care Worker
Summary of Child Care Worker
The Child Care Worker provides nurturing child care in a safe and supportive environment to young children who have siblings enrolled in a Child Abuse Treatment Program.
- Provide age appropriate child care to children ages birth – four years of age.
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities
- Provide supervision of children and ensure their overall safety and well-being
- Model appropriate behavior to parents and children.
- Supervise children during snack time.
- Maintain written documentation of services provided.
- Document attendance and activities.
- Complete incident reports as needed.
- Complete time sheets and other required agency paperwork.
- Maintain program sites in an acceptable manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of childhood development and behavior and child abuse issues. Must have high school diploma or GED certificate, Bachelor’s degree in relevant human services field preferred. Equivalent experience and education considered. All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
The Child Care Worker must maintain positive working relationships with the children in the group, parents of enrolled children, the Program Director, volunteers, other Facilitators, host-site representatives and referring agencies.
Client information and records and other confidential agency information.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Suite 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.