Summary of Development Assistant
This full-time position is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties to provide administrative support to the Director of Development and Marketing and Special Events Coordinator. Skills utilized regularly include organizing, coordinating, data management, bulk mailings, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and ability to manage highly confidential information. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Director of Development
• Posts all gifts into database, send acknowledgement letters, perform list-pulls, assist with mailings, follow-up as needed.
• Create and distribute monthly donor reports
• Assist Master Trainer 8-10 hours weekly assembling and distributing packets to trainees, coordinating schedules, handling payments, follow-up as needed
• Assist with special events in the area of logistics such as creating name tags, seating charts, registration lists, entering donations and acting as event volunteer coordinator
• Other event-related tasks and errands as needed
• Updates schedules and maintains current calendar.
• Works collaboratively and communicates appropriately with other staff members.
• Adheres to ethical standards of professionalism including maintaining confidentiality of each participant/family.
• Responds respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, race, ethnic backgrounds, and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms, and values the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education: Minimum of High school diploma or GED certificate, Associate’s degree preferred.
All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Experience: Prefer two to three years experience in an administrative support role, preferably in a non-profit environment.
Skills: Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping. Ability to use a personal computer and various software packages. Proficiency with Office 2010, Microsoft Office and Bloomerang or other fundraising database preferred. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. Must be detail oriented and demonstrate initiative and problems solving skills. Ability to work under deadlines and multiple task pressures and ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality.
No Supervisory responsibilities.
Equipment to Be Used:
Must be capable of operating office machines such as computer, calculator, copiers, shredder and communication equipment. Must have dependable internet access to utilize our remote desktop system from any location.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.