Summary of Finance Coordinator
The Finance Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of payroll processing and accounts payable. In addition, this position will be responsible for supporting and maintaining Human Resource/Payroll and Accounting business support systems and cross-functional projects related to HR and Accounting/Payroll business solutions.
Chief Operating Officer
- Payroll coordination with payroll provider (Paycor), including quarterly and yearly reconciliations and tax deposits;
- Maintain all electronic timekeeping and payroll systems, including updating time and attendance as required;
- Design/Prepare payroll reports for grants;
- Reconcile and maintain employee and group facilitator information;
- Accounting and Payroll reconciliation and verification;
- Create and maintain standard reports within HR and Payroll and respond to data requests from Finance, Executive Director and Chief Operating Officer;
- Maintain vendor information and ledgers;
- Process Checks, filing and other accounting duties;
- Maintain volunteer and audit reports;
- Reconcile 401k information for quarterly and yearly reports;
- Manages the data entry and data changes within various HR and payroll systems (HRO);
- Works with HR staff to ensure accurate and timely processing of personnel activity and necessary payroll adjustments;
- Responsible for all areas of benefits administration and processing changes;
- Oversee the accounting and billing to ensure maintenance of internal controls and financial procedures;
- Assist in coordination of all agency audits;
- Work with Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director on financial information needed for budget compliance and required fiscal obligation to grantors.
- Responsible for accounts payables, accounts receivable, and payroll;
- Work with staff to assure timely payment of agency bills and flow of agency revenue;
- Prepare payroll and benefits including insurance, taxes, retirement plans and other benefits;
- Create invoices and manage accounts payable in SAGE/Peachtree;
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is preferred. A formal training certificate or equivalent experience in accounting, financial management, or business is considered. All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency’s mission, handles sensitive information, and maintains a high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in a trauma-informed manner.
Experience: 2-4 years of experience in accounting, preferably with SAGE/Peachtree experience. Experience with HRIS, specifically Paycor, is preferred.
Skills: Competency in Microsoft Excel and word processing skills; experience in SAGE/Peachtree or similar accounting software; attention to detail and follow up; ability to manage multiple projects and handle responsibilities independently with minimum supervision; strong problem solving and ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written form: the ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment, ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality, desire to continue to learn and be challenged to grow skillset.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.