Summary of Kentucky Services Program Assistant
This part-time position is responsible for providing direct support to Kentucky Services and Programs. This position is responsible for a wide variety of clerical duties as requested, including organizing, coordinating, scheduling and performing various office functions. This position will assist in ensuring effective communication between staff, volunteers, clients, Stewards of Children (SOC) contractors and visitors. Some evenings may be required.
Non-Exempt, Part Time
Program Coordinator of KY Services
- Types, completes data entry, prepares reports, updates computer files, and proofreads documents as requested for SOC and other Kentucky programs and services.
- Answers telephone to cover for full time Administrative Assistant in a professional manner and provides information and assistance or routes caller to appropriate staff member. Takes phone or visitor messages and delivers to appropriate individual.
- Provides information and referral services as needed.
- Greets visitors and volunteers to the office in a professional manner and directs them to appropriate individual.
- Prepares documents for SOC contractors as requested.
- Help maintain program supplies and inventory in accordance with program needs.
- Works collaboratively and communicates appropriately with other staff members.
- Operates office machines including computer, fax, copier, and communications equipment.
- Makes copies, collates and staples materials as requested in a timely manner.
- Responds respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, race, ethnic backgrounds, and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms, and values the worth of individuals, families, and communities and protects and preserves the dignity of each.
- Adheres to ethical standards of professionalism including maintaining confidentiality of each client/family.
- Provide clerical assistance, including filing, faxing, maintaining client files and assisting with SOC Contractor files.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED certificate is required. Above-average ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Competency in Microsoft Office (Excel, etc.), Access or other software/database systems. Ability to work under deadlines and multiple task pressures, in a fast paced environment. Ability to handle sensitive information, maintain high level of confidentiality and to foster community partnerships.
All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Bachelor’s degree or some college/business/computer classes preferred. Excellent clerical skills, including strong organizational skills, customer service and Microsoft office proficiency. Experience and/or training in trauma informed care and motivational interviewing skills are preferred.
The Kentucky Services program assistant must maintain positive working relationships with families served, all agency staff and volunteers, site representatives, and community resources.
Client records and other agency information.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.