Summary of Kids on the Block Prevention Specialist
The Kids on the Block Prevention Specialist is responsible for overseeing the KOB program and ensuring that high quality prevention and awareness activities are delivered.
- Schedule and complete Kids on the Block puppet performances with schools, preschools, and community groups, according to copyrighted scripts and program guidelines.
- Distribute, score and analyze pre and post tests to a percentage of participants and ensure proper testing for evaluation purposes.
- Distribute educational activity booklets and teacher/adult packets to participants.
- Provide follow-up services to schools on an as needed/as requested basis.
- Train paid and volunteer puppeteers.
- Market Kids on the Block Program to schools and other organizations and groups.
- Provide proper storage and care of puppets and related materials.
- Complete monthly reports, program statistics and timesheets in a timely manner.
- Attend scheduled supervision with Program Coordinator.
- Engage in agency and program staff meetings.
- Participate in community education and public relations activities.
- Maintain close working relationships with schools and other organizations.
- Complete child abuse reports to appropriate agencies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Service Field preferred, two years college coursework and related experience required. Will consider experience commensurate to educational requirements. Experience working with children and families, theater or performance arts, knowledge of child development, knowledge of child abuse, experience with marketing and public relations desired.
All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
The Kids on the Block Prevention Specialist must maintain positive working relationships using a trauma informed approach with all agency staff and volunteers, schools and community group representatives, child welfare personnel and local police departments, children/families served, and representatives from community resources.
Participant information and records.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.