Male Soar Group Facilitator
Summary of Male Soar Group Facilitator
The Soar Group Facilitator is responsible for planning and leading weekly group sessions for male adults who are healing from child sexual abuse.
- Facilitate weekly SOAR groups for 90 minutes each week per 12-week session.
- Plan sessions according to identified curriculum.
- Deliver the content of the curriculum and allow for therapeutic connection and processing of the participants application of the curriculum to their own circumstances to Male Soar.
- Email CATS case manager prior to the start of each group to request additional supplies.
- Following each 12-week session, provide recommendations for each participant.
- Make referrals for additional services as necessary and/or communicate with Program Coordinator or Case Manager additional follow-up needed to best support the participant.
- Maintain thorough and accurate written documentation of services provided.
- Complete weekly group progress notes for each participant.
- Complete incident and abuse reports as needed.
- Complete pre and post testing for each participant.
- Maintain documentation of all contacts with family members, referral sources and caregivers.
- Submit time sheets.
- Submit program and volunteer statistics.
- Assist in the evaluation of effective service provision.
- Administer pre and post tests to all clients.
- Provide data and information required for outcomes evaluation.
- Maintain host/group sites in an appropriate manner.
- Participate in ongoing professional development.
- Participate in individual/group supervision with the Program Coordinator as determined by staff and coordinator.
- Attend related trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Social Work, counseling, psychology or related field, or experience equivalent to educational requirements. Based on this very specific position where the participants will be healing from child sexual abuse, we encourage males to apply for this role. All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Experience and/or training in trauma informed care and motivation interviewing skills are preferred.
The SOAR Group Facilitator must maintain positive working relationships using a trauma informed approach with participants served, agency staff and volunteers, host site representatives, referring agencies, other victim’s service providers and community resources.
Client information and records
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.