Summary of Marketing and Special Events Coordinator
The Marketing and Special Events Coordinator is responsible for raising awareness of both Family Nurturing Center and the issue of child abuse and neglect in the community. He/She plans and executes comprehensive strategies to increase understanding, market programs and services, plan friend-raising and fund raising events to increase the sphere of influence and build the brand of Family Nurturing Center for better recognition in the region.
- Identifies target audiences and designs a communication plan that includes print and digital experiences that promote the values, philosophy and brand of Family Nurturing Center.
- Develop attractive and effective print and digital resources for program staff to promote services to potential clients.
- Educate the community on the issue of child abuse, trauma informed care and healthy families, as well as the on the resources provided by Family Nurturing Center.
- Plan and execute regular communication and outreach with key stakeholders that may include print or e-newlsetters, annual reports and event specific collateral materials.
- Plan and execute social media campaigns, build brand awareness and increase following.
- Maintain the agency website and ensure relevant and up to date content to meet the needs of various constituents.
- Plan and execute annual events including Child Abuse Prevention Month campaign, Blue Ribbon Bash, and other events as needed.
- Serve as liaison to the media and actively work to establish Family Nurturing Center and key staff as subject matter experts.
- Works closely with Strategic Marketing & Branding committee, Blue Ribbon Bash committee and agency volunteers to promote the agency and its mission.
Bachelor’s Degree required with relevant communication/marketing/branding/development experience. Requires a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the mission of FNC.
Experience: At least three years professional experience spanning the full spectrum of marketing and special events. All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people. Experience with Bloomerang donor management software and understanding of child abuse and childhood trauma preferred.
Skills: Proven ability to think strategically, produce and implement successful plans with measurable outcomes and adjust strategies to maximize goal attainment. Demonstrated ability to write accurate and compelling communications to a variety of audiences. Experience with website management. and proposals. Ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with volunteers, corporate and agency partners, donors, board members, and staff and to inspire involvement in organizational priorities. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Publisher and Adobe required.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.