Summary of Parent Coach
The Parent Coach is responsible for providing high quality parent education and coaching services using a trauma informed framework and agency evidence based modalities.
Part time, non-exempt
Prevention and Group Services Coordinator
• Provide individualized services based on care plan and identified needs and goals.
• Provide evidence based interventions including Nurturing Parenting Programs Child Adult Relationship Enhancement model, and Trauma Responsive parenting in individual and group based formats.
• Conduct individualized parent coaching sessions as appropriate for the family.
• Provide services in-community or in-office, depending upon the needs of the family and recommended service delivery.
• Model appropriate behavior with parents and children.
• Encourage families and celebrate progress and mastery of skills.
• Provide specific information on parenting children impacted by sexual abuse, physical abuse, alcohol and other drugs, domestic violence or mental health diagnoses.
• Refer families to additional services to support the goals of the case plan or emerging needs of families.
• Document services using progress notes and weekly service logs.
• Complete pre and post outcome measures with each family referred
• Provide regular updates and communication with referral source.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, or experience commensurate to educational requirements. Knowledge of the Nurturing Program and a shared vision of program philosophy required. Prior clinical work with families required, and experience working with clients impacted by domestic violence, child sexual abuse, mental health diagnoses required. Knowledge of child development, child abuse issues, and parenting education required.
Training or experience in providing trauma informed care preferred.
The Parent Coach must maintain positive working relationships with families served, the Prevention and Group Services Coordinator, Group Facilitators, other agency staff, and community partners.
Client information and records, personnel information and records and other confidential agency information.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.