Prevention and Wellness Specialist
Summary of Prevention and Wellness Specialist
The Prevention and Wellness Specialist is responsible for ensuring participant engagement services to recruit participants for wellness activities, engage them in continuing wellness activities, and work with the overall community & volunteers to identify, create, and maintain a full calendar of holistic services and wellness activities. The Prevention and Wellness Specialist is responsible for marketing and coordinating activities in the Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Region and working in partnership with target groups in the communities to prevent child sexual abuse. S/he also is responsible for increasing the visibility, network and programmatic contributions of local efforts, as well as working collaboratively with Darkness to Light, the National office.
This position serves as a primary link between wellness services and other Family Nurturing Center programs and services as well as services within the community to ensure high quality care for participants.
Prevention and Treatment Services Program Coordinator
- Identify a range of wellness activities, psycho-education workshops, expressive therapies and holistic activities to support victims in their healing journey.
- Implement the Stewards of Children Program in the Northern Kentucky/ Greater Cincinnati region with concentration of training to parents, coaches, clergy, educators, community volunteers and youth serving organizations
- Recruit qualified instructors as paid contractors and/or volunteers to deliver a range of services and/or to provide SOC trainings.
- Develop and maintain a robust community calendar that includes a variety of activities to support victims and enhance other services.
- Promote activities and trainings, recruit participants, manage registration and ensure the smooth delivery of all ancillary services.
- Stay current on research and effectiveness of non traditional services and their role in helping individuals heal from past trauma.
- Develop new services based on client input, best practice and industry trends to meet the needs of the community.
- Provide motivation, support and communication to all authorized contractors.
- Secure, schedule and coordinate training opportunities in the community.
- Form partnerships with organizations, schools and communities to promote child sexual abuse prevention and wellness activities.
- Create a network of organizations, community leaders and concerned citizens to work together to end child sexual abuse.
- Plan and implement a multi-faceted strategy that combines community action, public awareness, education, and public policy initiatives.
- Administer, collect and analyze evaluation data and conduct monthly statistics and quarterly reports.
- Assist with intake, screening, placement and/or referral of all families requesting Prevention and Wellness services.
- Score and record program evaluation tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements: Knowledge of holistic services, wellness activities and expressive therapies. Understanding of child sexual abuse, adverse childhood experiences and trauma informed care. Public speaking ability, strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse populations. Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent experience and education may be considered.
All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Two years prior experience in staff supervision and team leadership. Two or more years of marketing experience. Experience and/or training in trauma informed care. Must be willing to work some evenings/weekends if required.
The Prevention and Wellness Specialist must maintain positive working relationships with children and families served, agency staff and volunteers, contractors, referring agencies, other victims service providers and community resources.
Maintain confidentiality of client information and record and other confidential agency information.
Manages relationships with contractors and volunteers.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.