Parenting Time Visitation Facilitator
Summary of Parenting Time Visitation Facilitator
Provide supervised visitation services for families referred by the Hamilton County Department of Jobs and Family Services.
Visitation Program Coordinator
- Supervise and observe visitation to ensure safe and nurturing interactions.
- Provide modeling and parenting education in accordance with the Nurturing Philosophy of Parenting.
- Provide intervention techniques and feedback to participating families.
- Maintain accurate and thorough case files on each child/family.
- Assist families in accessing other needed services through referral and advocacy efforts.
- Prepare and submit objective summaries to JFS and the court based on observation of the child, family and visits.
- Provide visitation on-site, in community, in-home or in other settings as dictated by the case plan. Perform visitation services in the office, in the participant home, or other community location determined appropriate based on referral and assessment of safety.
- Participate as a team member and provide input into permanency planning and needed services for children served.
- Complete required paperwork, including pre-tests, and post-tests, summaries, assessments, evaluation criteria, monthly statistics and other agency forms.
- Maintain solid working relationships with staff from the Hamilton County JFS.
- Attend agency staff meetings, team meetings, and individual supervision as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by the Visitation Coordinator, or FNC Management Staff.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant human services field preferred. Equivalent experience and education considered. Knowledge/experience of working with children and families. Knowledge of child development, nurturing approaches to parenting, and verbal de-escalation techniques. Above-average communication skills. Competency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel. All positions at Family Nurturing Center require a shared vision and philosophy that promotes and enhances the agency mission, the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain high level of confidentiality, and demonstrated cultural competence and the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
Experience and/or training in trauma informed care and motivation interviewing skills are preferred.
The Visitation Facilitator must maintain positive working relationships with children and families served, HCJFS and court personnel, and all agency staff and volunteers.
Participant records and other agency and HCJFS information.
To apply for this position. Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Family Nurturing Center
5 Spiral Drive, Ste. 100
Florence, KY 41042
It is the policy of the Family Nurturing Center® not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, handicap or disability, ancestry, national origin, marital status, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or political affiliation in its educational or employment programs and activities.