Counseling Services offer both individual counseling with a strong family involvement component as well as group services. Our agency specializes in serving individuals, children and adults who have experienced trauma and have licensed therapists to provide several evidenced based therapy modalities. We have thoughtfully reviewed all models of therapy that we provide and make a commitment through training, supervision and resources, to ensure that our staff in this program can provide them well.
Trauma therapy, trauma-focused therapy, is a specific approach to therapy that is built on the understanding of how traumatic experiences affect an individual’s mental, emotional and physical well-being. This type of therapy aims to help children, adolescents and adult survivors heal from the effects of trauma. Each person’s experience of their difficult experiences is unique. Staff members and supervisors spend time understanding participants and their unique needs so that they can best support the type of services that will assist in participant’s healing journey. Staff work with an entire community of additional supportive services and can assist with connecting to additional resources if needed.
- A.N.C.H.O.R. (Address Needs, Creating Hope, Optimizing Relationships) – A 10-week program serving school-aged children who have experienced trauma or negative life events.
- S.P.A.R.K. (Speaking Power And Resiliency in Kids) – A 12-week program serving children ages 4-18 who have experienced trauma, their siblings, and parents/caregivers.
- S.O.A.R. (Survivors of Abuse Recovery) – A 12-week program serving adults who fell victim to childhood sexual abuse.
- Individual and Family Counseling – Designed to help children with a history of abuse/trauma (including physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse/neglect and witness to domestic violence).
- Case Management Services – Available for children and families on an as needed basis to help connect families with resources.
For questions about our programs, please email our Counseling Services Case Manager or call 859-538-1616.
Family Nurturing Center greatly appreciates the support from The Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr. Foundation/U.S. Bank Trustee, the Scripps Howard Foundation, The Butler Foundation, and the Fiscal Courts of Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties for funding of our Child Abuse Treatment Services programs and services.
Additional funders include The Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet and the United Way of Greater Cincinnati. These services were supported by Grant Number VOCA-2022-FamilyN-00106 awarded through the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet by the U.S. Department of Justice, Boone, Kenton, and Campbell County Fiscal Courts, and United Way.